|The SDL Component Suite is an industry leading collection of components supporting scientific and engineering computing. Please visit the SDL Web site for more information....|
|Home MathPack Kohonen How to use TKohonen|
|See also: background information, OnFeedBack|
How to use TKohonen
The usage of TKohonen is straightforward:
1. Select the Kohonen network from the VCL bar and put it on a form..
2. Set up the parameters of the network as needed.
3. Define and attach a feedback routine. The training of a Kohonen network tends to be time consuming. Thus it is recommended to define a feedback routine which shows the progress of the training. This routine should be assigned to the OnFeedBack event. The following code shows a sample feedback routine which uses a TMeter component to indicate the training progress. Note that the feedback routine contains an "Application.ProcessMessages" statement in order to ensure that Windows can react on any messages during the training process.
procedure TFrmSOM.KohMap1Feedback(Sender: TObject; PercentDone: Double); begin FrmProgress.Meter.Value := PercentDone; Application.ProcessMessages; end;
4. Assign the training data to the network using the property TrainData.
7. Use the trained network by applying any test data to it (method ApplyIt).